Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in dam, geotechnical, geo-structural, and tunnel engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities we live in and support, are a vital part of who we are and what we offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel has experienced tremendous success and growth through its dedication to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 10 Dams and Reservoirs Design Firm.
Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides our 400 plus employees in 22 offices throughout the United States with competitive benefits packages, including health, dental, life and disability. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a relaxed atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. Schnabel Engineering is seeking a Senior Level Dam Engineer with expertise and practical experience (>10-yrs) in one or more disciplines related to dam engineering (i.e. hydrology, hydraulics; geotechnical engineering; or structural engineering) to support our growing business in north Texas and southern Oklahoma. We are seeking experienced, motivated candidates with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong team.
– Provide engineering expertise, technical oversight and overall management of dam engineering projects. Engineering services may include inspection, investigation, evaluation, design and construction of existing and new dams, reservoirs and hydraulic structures.
– Prepare and review of design calculations, engineering reports, construction drawings and technical specifications.
– Manage client relationships.
– Proactively market and develop dam engineering business opportunities.
– Develop engineering proposals and qualification statements.
– Perform project management activities including planning and delegating work, managing project budgets, invoicing, communicating resource needs and reporting backlog.
– Work as a team member across other Schnabel offices to effectively balance workload among available resources.
– Supervise and mentor junior engineers.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or other related engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited program.
– At least 10 years of relevant work experience in hydrologic/hydraulic analyses, geotechnical and/or structural engineering, with specific emphasis in dam design. Texas experience and knowledge is preferred.
– Licensed Professional Engineer in one or more states and the ability to seek reciprocity in TX upon employment.
– Experience/proficiency with common computer-aided analysis and modeling programs applicable to dam engineering.
– Experience preparing and reviewing construction drawings and technical specifications.
– Experience and knowledge of applicable state and federal dam safety design methodologies, policies and regulations.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– A strong work ethic and the desire to perform professionally at a high level.
– Ability to pass a pre-employment screening
– U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
United States Society on Dams
9975 Wadsworth Pkwy.,
Ste. K-2, 145
Westminster, CO 80021
Copyright © 2022 USSD
Web Design by The Design Group