Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in dam, geotechnical, geostructural, and tunnel engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities we live in and support, are a vital part of who we are and what we offer. Founded in 1956, Schnabel has experienced tremendous success and growth through its dedication to excellence in client service, high quality, and value-added solutions. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and Top 10 Dams and Reservoirs Design Firm.
Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides our 400 plus employees in 22 offices throughout the United States with competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability. Engagement in Schnabel’s wellness program offers incentives for employees to pursue a healthy lifestyle, and the firm rewards employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Are you looking for interesting and meaningful work, a relaxed atmosphere, and opportunities to learn, grow, and excel? If so, then welcome to Schnabel! We approach problems with creativity and innovation. The Austin, Texas office is seeking a Dam Design Engineer with relevant experience (>5-yrs) in one or more disciplines related to dam engineering (i.e. hydrology, hydraulics; geotechnical engineering; or structural engineering) to support our growing business. We are seeking experienced, motivated candidates with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong team.
– Perform engineering analysis and design calculations for the rehabilitation of existing dams and hydraulic structures; and design of new dams and reservoirs.
– Prepare construction drawings and other engineering figures with emphasis on civil and/or structural design.
– Perform visual inspections of dams and hydraulic structures. Some field work and overnight travel will be required.
– Assist with preparation of engineering reports and technical specifications.
– Assist with training and mentoring junior engineers.
– Work as a team member across other Schnabel offices to effectively balance workload among available resources.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or other related engineering discipline from an ABET-accredited program.
– Not less than 5 years of relevant design experience in hydrologic/hydraulic analyses, geotechnical and/or structural engineering, with specific emphasis in dam design. Texas experience and knowledge is preferred.
– Licensed Professional Engineer in one or more states and the ability to seek reciprocity in TX upon employment .
– Proficiency with common computer-aided analysis and modeling programs applicable to dam engineering.
– Proficiency with common drafting and visualization programs such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit, ArcMap/GIS, and/or Google Sketch-up.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Willingness and ability to perform field work and travel.
– Be physically able to navigate construction sites, enter trenches, climb ladders and work outside in various weather conditions.
– A strong work ethic and the desire to perform professionally at a high level.
– Ability to pass a pre-employment screening
– U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
United States Society on Dams
9975 Wadsworth Pkwy.,
Ste. K-2, 145
Westminster, CO 80021
Copyright © 2022 USSD
Web Design by The Design Group