Young Professionals (YPs) represent a critical constituent of USSD’s community, energizing today’s organization while ensuring the vitality of our industry’s future. Through initiatives championed by the YP Committee, supported by the Board of Directors, and furthered by the broader USSD community, YPs have flourished in recent years. To celebrate the exceptional industry-wide contributions of YPs, this award annually recognizes an individual age 35 or under who, through both their career and community involvement, exemplify USSD’s four mission goals:
· Advocate: Candidate has championed the benefits of dams and levees in society through public outreach, community service, political involvement, etc.
· Educate: Candidate has demonstrated technical excellence and/or advanced the state of the industry through contributions to projects, technical papers, publications, workshops, academic research, etc.
· Collaborate: Candidate has strengthened the community of practice through cooperation and communication efforts within projects, organizations, committees, academia, etc.
· Cultivate: Candidate has nurtured industry growth through actively seeking opportunities of leadership, mentorship, education, community advancement, etc.
The winner will be recognized during USSD’s Annual Conference.
· Only USSD members can submit a nomination.
· The nomination can be for non-USSD members.
· Award candidates must have qualified as a YP (35 and under) at some point in the year prior to Conference year.
· Acting YP Committee Chairs and YP Board Advisers are exempt from nomination.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS IS March 30, 2021.
To submit a nomination, please click the “Nominate” button below to use the online form. This form will request contact information for the nominator, nominee, and a written explanation of why the candidate was an exceptional YP in the year prior to the Conference year. Supplemental information can also be attached to the nomination.
United States Society on Dams
9975 Wadsworth Pkwy.,
Ste. K-2, 145
Westminster, CO 80021
Copyright © 2021 USSD
Web Design by The Design Group