Young Professionals (YPs) represent a critical constituent of USSD’s community, energizing today’s organization while ensuring the vitality of our industry’s future. Through initiatives championed by the YP Committee, supported by the Board of Directors, and furthered by the broader USSD community, YPs have flourished in recent years. To celebrate the exceptional industrywide contributions of YPs, this award annually recognizes an individual age 35 or under who, through both their career and community involvement, exemplify USSD’s four mission goals:
· Advocate: Candidate has championed the benefits of dams and levees in society through public outreach, community service, political involvement, etc.
· Educate: Candidate has demonstrated technical excellence and/or advanced the state of the industry through contributions to projects, technical papers, publications, workshops, academic research, etc.
· Collaborate: Candidate has strengthened the community of practice through cooperation and communication efforts within projects, organizations, committees, academia, etc.
· Cultivate: Candidate has nurtured industry growth through actively seeking opportunities of leadership, mentorship, education, community advancement, etc.
The winner will be announced during USSD’s Annual Meeting and Conference.
· Only USSD members can submit a nomination.
· The nomination can be for non-USSD members.
· Award candidates must have qualified as a YP (35 and under) at some point in 2018.
· Acting YP Committee Chairs and YP Board Advisers are exempt from nomination.
To submit a nomination, please click the “Nominate” button below to use the online form. This form will request contact information for the nominator, nominee, and a written explanation of why the candidate was an exceptional YP in 2018. Supplemental information can also be attached to the nomination.
United States Society on Dams
9975 Wadsworth Pkwy.,
Ste. K-2, 145
Westminster, CO 80021
Copyright © 2019 USSD
Web Design by The Design Group