August 15, 2017Location:
The Water Business Unit of AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Dams Engineer, an expert in the dams engineering field, with extensive business development experience and industry contacts. This individual will likely be a creative, highly talented engineer who will provide business development support along with the potential for technical and management guidance for a group of design professionals in a team setting; the technical emphasis of the group is design and assessment of dams. This position will report to our Germantown, MD office in the DC Metro Area; alternate work location duty stations will be considered.Apply Now
Kleinschmidt AssociatesPost Date:
August 7, 2017Location:
Kleinschmidt has a full-time opening for a Dam Safety Engineer with heavy structural and geotechnical experience in our Lexington, South Carolina office (other office locations would be considered).
This position involves a combination of structural design, dam safety, and construction oversight responsibilities. The immediate need will have the candidate participating as part of a team of technical professionals working on various civil structure design and dam safety projects associated with hydroelectric and civil works water projects.
• Experience with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Part 12 Dam Safety Requirements.
• Design of structures in and around water including submerged environments is required.
• Experience with structural aspects of concrete and steel construction and/or geotechnical assessments of earthen embankments and canals.
• Permitting experience on large and diverse projects.
• Excellent problem solving skills and capable of working collaboratively with clients and co-workers.
• Registration or qualified for registration as a Professional Engineer.
• BS in engineering with minimum of 8 years' experience in structural or geotechnical engineering.
• Available for travel throughout US and Canada as needed, typically 10% to 25% of the time.
• Must possess permanent authorization to work in the United States.
NYC Department of Environmental ProtectdionPost Date:
July 27, 2017Location:
The Bureau of Water Supply, Engineering & Construction Division, seeks to hire an Associate Project Manager (APM) Level I for a position at a facility located in Downsville, New York, approximately 135 miles northwest of New York City. This position will serve as the Bureau’s Dam Safety Coordinator. The Bureau of Water Supply’s Engineering & Construction Division administers a Dam Safety Program responsible for the oversight of the dams and dikes of the NYC Water Supply as well as the oversight of other City owned small dams in the NYC Watershed. The Dam Safety Coordinator will perform engineering work in connection with the Dam Safety Program. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
• Perform data acquisition and compilation to support regular updates of the Emergency Action Plans. Organizes public orientation meetings.
• Conduct field reconnaissance including reports, measurements and photographic documentation to support Small Dams Program.
• Performs dam inspections, gathers field data, calibrates field instruments (e.g. piezometers, inclinometers and data loggers), downloads data from field instruments, works with and manages databases and spreadsheets and analyzes data to support Dam Safety program engineering activities including dam safety instrumentation program, maintenance work order tracking program and other projects and programs.
• Support Job Order Contracting projects for the Dan Safety Program and Water Operations including preparation of detailed scopes of work, plans, specifications and estimates; meets with contractors; inspections of projects; and completion of management reports for projects of small and moderate size and complexity.
• Assist Dam Safety Engineer in the oversight of the design and construction of large capital projects including meetings, design reviews and inspections of work.
• Becomes familiar with environmental regulations associated with the Dam Safety program
Job ID: 291665Apply Now
July 13, 2017Location:
Phoenix, Arizona and other locations
Freeport-McMoRan is seeking qualified candidates to fill 11 engineering positions. Click on the links below to view the job descriptions.
Willowstick TechnologiesPost Date:
June 22, 2017Location:
Groundwater is one of the most precious resources on the planet and yet it is one of the most difficult to find, map or characterize. Willowstick Technologies is in the business of helping clients identify and better understand their groundwater related issues. We show our clients how and where groundwater is preferentially flowing.
Willowstick Technologies is an up and coming company with an innovative technology and a proven track record. We have been in business for over 10 years and continue to work with some of the largest and most sophisticated companies in the world. We have clients in industries including mining, environmental, oil, gas, power generation and regulatory agencies. Nearly 80% of our clients are repeat customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Willowstick TechnologiesPost Date:
June 22, 2017Location:
The purpose of this position is to Introduce WILD to the tunnel / water and wastewater industry and develop relationship with key decision makers at municipalities and water utility districts.
Duties and Responsibilities
American WaterPost Date:
May 22, 2017Location:
Reporting to the Project Delivery Manager, this position is responsible for managing (through a team as appropriate) all activities concerned with the delivery of several medium to small capital investment projects from inception to completion, the size and importance of which have a significant impact to Company objectives related to Production, Networks, and/or other water resource or operations systems.
•Monitoring and managing budgets and schedules for several medium to small Capital Investment Projects and programs of moderate scope and complexity. (20%)
•Driving efficiency into project delivery through the monitoring of delivery metrics (unit costs, target costs vs. actual, etc.) and pursuit of more effective delivery and procurement approaches. (5%)
•Delivery of assigned Capital Projects in accordance with policies and procedures set for in the Capital Investment Management (CIM) system to meet asset needs. (15%)
•Asset Owner satisfaction in accordance with the scope of work agreed upon for each project. Interacts with Operations personnel to ensure project delivery program meets operations needs and is coordinated with operations personnel on operational impacts related to project delivery program. (20%)
•Interaction with Technical Services function regarding standards and requirements. Ensures compliance with established regulatory criteria, specifications and standards. (20%)
•Interacts with property group, technical services, and other internal groups and external governmental agencies to coordinate land acquisition, easements, rights of ways, permits, certificates, and other project approvals for assigned projects and programs. (20%)
May 11, 2017Location:
Multiple locations: Southeast: Chattanooga TN/Atlanta GA - Northeast: New York/New Jersey - Southwest: Dallas TX
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best-qualified consulting firms in the country. The Principal Geotechnical/Structural Engineer will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge of Dams / Dam Safety and civil infrastructure design and construction to lead project teams in executing projects and developing project pursuits within the southeastern regional market, to help build and grow our practice. Projects may include work on various types of dams, hydropower and flood management projects, spillways, outlet works, locks, levees and floodwalls, gates, fish passage structures, and other heavy civil and earthen structures.
CDM SmithPost Date:
March 28, 2017Location:
Raleigh, North Carolina
As a member of our geotechnical team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
•Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or outside organization
•Acting independently on technical matters pertaining to your specialty field
•Visualizing and assuming responsibility for new business development activities within your areas of expertise
•Expanding dams-related geotechnical business to complement the other South and North Carolina business lines
•Working as a recognized leader of technical and professional staff
•Acting as mentor for lower-level employees
•Planning, developing, coordinating, and directing a number of large and important projects or a project of major scope and complexity
•Directing the work of a staff of up to 5 engineers and technicians
•Evaluating progress and results obtained, and recommending major changes to achieve overall objectives
•Serving as the technical specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned responsibility area such as subject matter, function, type of facility or equipment, or product
•Keeping abreast of new methods and developments affecting CDM Smith in order to recommend changes to current programs, or new programs warranted by such developments
West ConsultantsPost Date:
January 12, 2017Location:
WEST Consultants, Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for a Mid/Senior Level Water Resources Engineering position in our Portland, Oregon location.
Responsibilities may include:
• Hydrologic, hydraulic, geomorphic, sediment transport, and water quality analysis
• Develop numerical models for hydrologic, hydraulic, sediment transport, and water quality studies
• Hydraulic structure design
• Flood hazard delineation
• Design of stormwater management facilities
• Environmental impact assessment and mitigation
• Prepare design and construction documents, figures, maps and graphics
• Prepare technical reports and documents
• Business development/marketing
United States Society on Dams
1616 Seventeenth Street #483
Denver, CO 80202 - USA
Copyright © 2017 USSD
Web Design by The Design Group